How To Strategize For The New Eloqua Release
This week I attended the Atlanta Eloqua User Group at Oracle’s Atlanta offices. It was a great meetup, as we had Thamina Christenson with the Eloqua Product Marketing team presenting Eloqua’s latest features and future roadmap. We got a sneak peak of the new Program Canvas and Insight Dashboards. It was great to hear about the exciting functionality that Eloqua is now deploying and it was an opportunity to ask questions directly to a member of the Product Marketing team.
Here’s what the new February 2016 Eloqua Release includes:
- A new UX with a lighter and brighter look and feel for the platform
- A new homepage with everything you need right at your fingertips including trend data, high-level campaign visibility, recent activity, recently accessed assets, and customizable shortcuts
- An updated navigation bar provides less clicks to arrive at the destination
- Live search enables users to find what they are looking for with ease.
Of course there was a lot of talk about the new UX, but the main excitement was the much anticipated Program Canvas, used for data manipulation and running non-campaign based apps natively within the application. Every Eloquan has been wanting a new and improved Program Builder for years! Right now the new Program Canvas is under controlled release, but it is expected to debut around the same time as the Oracle Marketing Cloud Modern Marketing Experience at the end of April.
What to look forward to with the new Program Canvas:
- Advance your data workflows making it faster and easier to leverage behavioral customer data
- Improve your speed to lead. Currently Program Builder processes 66 lead per minute, the new Program Canvas processes 6,000 lead per minute
- Help you keep databases clean with increased speed with the new native contact washing machine app
- Enables you to get the right message out at the right time by triggering actions based on real-time events
- Run cloud apps and native Sales Cloud and SFDC apps (coming later this year) to make integration easier.
After the presentation I discussed with a team member what we could take from our current Demand Generation Programs and transition into the new Program Canvas. At ANNUITAS® we have developed an excellent Demand Generation Model built in Eloqua using multiple different parts of the platform; however, we are always looking for ways to streamline our build process. Our strategy team continually drives us to think outside the box when it comes to program design and implementation and it’s exciting to see Eloqua making strides to support modern marketing strategy. The power of marketing automation is significant, but technology is only as good as the strategy it supports.
So, Eloquans will you continue to use Campaign Canvas (used for sending marketing communications) in the same way? Or will you move some of your Campaign Canvas programs into the new Program Canvas (used for data manipulation). What is the best way for your team to utilize this new technology? Let us know and share some of your best-practices. Keep innovating, always.